THANK YOU FOR DONATING!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

How to Hang a Flag

In honor of my very first Israeli Independence Day as a new Israeli citizen, I was very excited about buying a flag (or more accurately, a long string festooned with several flags) to hang from the window of my apartment in Jerusalem.
Of course in the 3 suitcases I was allowed to bring with me as a New Immigrant, I did NOT pack anything useful such as a hammer, nails, tape, thumbtacks, or any such tool or implement to facilitate the proper hanging of afore-mentioned flags.
So I did the best I could with what I have (which is nothing much but a lot of imagination) and pictured here is the outside of my apartment with my little flags flying today, on Israeli Independence Day.
Happy 59th Birthday, "Modern" State of Israel!

No comments: