THANK YOU FOR DONATING!

Monday, March 10, 2008

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

The Good - this week is my 1-year anniversary of arrival in Israel - Aliyah - AND my son David has joined me here in Jerusalem this week as well...pictured here with me in what has now become family tradition - ("let's go to the Kotel and take our pictures together!")

The Bad - I was robbed last Sunday. Laptop, TV, Jewelry...all GWTW. The laptop really hurts. And no, I did not have "insurance," thanks for asking. While some have intimated the robbers might have been local junkies, I prefer to imagine an elderly Tzaddick who needed money to buy Shabbas dinners for many poor Talmudeem Chochamim broke into my house by reciting Kabalistic incantations, causing the lock to open of itself and my highly hockable personal electronics and jewelry to float into his waiting arms. Karmic tzadaka or simply another day in the life of the petty theft industry? Only G_d knows.

The Ugly - mass murder at Mercaz HaRav Yeshiva, a short distance from where I live in Jerusalem, pictures of which are featured on this blog in September's coverage of Rav Shapira's funeral. Very, very ugly and beyond, beyond bad. Cannot elaborate on this horror any more than has already been published world-wide.

To ALL - the Good, the Bad and especially the Ugly: please G_d, we want Moschiach and we want Moschiach NOW!

No comments: