THANK YOU FOR DONATING!

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Emptying God's Mailbox




Everyone knows where "God's Mailbox" is - that would be the Kotel, where thousands of tiny pieces of paper, each scrawled with prayer requests, are shoved between the cracks of the enormous stones that make up the Western "Wailing" Wall every single day.

Here you see workers removing all of "God's mail," and be comforted by the fact that none of the thousands of notes are destroyed, but all are taken out and buried in Jerusalem's sacred ground.

"HaShem, incline Your ear, answer me, for I am poor and destitute. Guard my soul, for I am devoted to You; save Your servant who trusts in You, O You, my God. Show me favor O my Lord, for to You do I call all the time. Gladden the soul of Your servant, for to You, O Lorrd, my soul I lift up. For You, O Lord, are good and forgiving; and abundantly kind to all who call upon You. Listen HaShem to my prayer, and heed the sound of my supplications. On the day of my distress I call upon You, for You will answer me" - Psalm 86:1-7

No comments: